Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rock star gnome!

I saw this on the net while surfing and had to create one! Here are the before and after pictures:




I had a heck of a time finding a gnome period. This guy I picked up at Wally World for not too expensive. He wasn't what I was looking for, but he'd do.
I fabricated the guitar out of a tube of indoor/outdoor polyfilla. It was not a fun product to work with and would not smooth out, even when partially dry. It is what it is. By the way, the rake is inside the guitar. Then I looked for photos of the band members of Kiss on the net and painted with patio paint accordingly. Three coats of all paints with three coats of Patio Paint sealer. He will be placed in a sheltered area in one of my gardens. I'm still looking for the perfect gnome to make a Gene Simmons.....

13 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a great transformation! Can't wait to see more.

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
    HappyScrapper64@bex.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously too much fun..my daughter wants a gnome that looks like a fairy..maybe I could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! He's PERFECT!!!! I have been waiting anxiously to see him completed & he was sooooooo worth the wait!! I reckon if you can build a guitar, you can build Gene Simmons' tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *giggle* I know, he's not the same guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The transformation is absolutely amazing Di! It looks like it was a ton of work. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Gene Simmons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Francine, he was a ton of work! I took ceramics classes for years with my aunt. All my gfs had moved away and so I needed to create new friendships. I found a ton of crafting ladies and I haven't looked back since.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute. You can tell you put a lot of work into this guy. He'll look great in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, I can't wait to see the faces of the people who find him in my front yard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. too funny, this is the best thing I ever saw with gnomes. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic job - it looks incredible. Can't wait to see Gene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just AWESOME!!!

    Love, love, love him. I can't wait untill you have the WHOLE band together.

    And shame on me for not checking sooner to see what you've been up to!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you to all of you. I'm on the hunt for some suitable gnomes to create the other three. Haven't found what I'm looking for yet...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omgosh, he is fantastic! Rockin' the gnomes!,,,

    ReplyDelete