Monday, July 2, 2012

Garage sale rocking chair and My Grandpere's rocking chair





My mom's neighbor had this rocking chair for sale in her garage sale. Nobody had picked it up after 3 days of being out there. Got it for $10. Wooohoooo! It's good and solid, needs to be reglued and refinished. I wanted it for my deck because rocking chairs just go on front porches for evenings....




It's on it's way to a new life. Im trying out two different kinds of strippers. A paint on one and a spray on one.


This is my Grandpere's rocking chair. It is over a 100 years old. Not sure what my uncle did to it, but it was ugly when I got my hands on it. I started stripping it this winter but the fumes were too much.




It has beautiful intricate designs and I love it! It is solid but the rockers are worn. That's OK, I want it to be who it is. I can't wait to finish stripping it...it's work! Hopefully I can finish stripping these two chairs today!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great project! I'm in the process of re-upholstering a chair.. defintely time consuming redoing furniture, but can't wait to see the results. Love how you're redoing your grandpere's chair. :)

    ReplyDelete