Sunday, December 16, 2012

Let's try it with a new video from the Purling Sprite

After much frustration, I looked back at the printed directions I had found on the Simplicity Creative Group website (see link below). There are three different directions one can use. Since I did not have the proper spool loom and the flower loom with the pegs removed did not work, I was ready to try another way. The directions stated that this same scarf could be created on a long loom or a round loom. The directions were not very clear for my older brain. So off I went to Youtube once again and I searched making this scarf on the long loom. The Purling Sprite came to my rescue and then I finally understood the directions. And yes, I'm really pleased on how this scarf is turning out! 

Long loom scarf directions
(video link)



 Before starting to knit, I found that I had a wrong and right side to my yarn, most scarf yarns don't have that but this one does.
 Be careful if your yarn has a right side or a wrong side to it. For mine, I had to start on the opposite side of the loom to make sure that the pattern was on the outside of the scarf.
 Turning the corner...

My scarf well under way. I do change my stitches to the opposite side before I stop so that when I pick up my knitting once again, I am ready to go. This is a bit more work than working in the round, but still works pretty slick. Better than using knitting needles. Off to finish my Ruffle Scarf...

No comments:

Post a Comment