Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fair Isle or Color Work or Stranded knitting or Intarsia knitting on a loom

It's no secret that I am not of fan of knitting with needles. Just can't seem to do it tension wise. That's why I own and love my looms! That doesn't mean that I don't look for knitting patterns in second hand shops and used book stores for some of the older patterns. There is one, a Christmas afghan that I'd love to make and it uses Fair Isle. But how do I do it on a loom? I came across two videos, one when you work in the round:

Fair Isle How to touque video

The other, I'm going to try to see if it works on a flat panel:
Isela's video for Fair Isle how to

I just thought I'd pass on the information to my readers so that if you've been wanting to try this, it can be done!

Thank goodness, more ambitious people have figured it out for me already! 

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!
    SO SO COOL!!
    Can't wait to try this!!!!
    THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete