Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I started stripping two rocking chairs ages ago. My grandpere's rocking chair I finished. The second one...well it took a bit more time. I finally finished it today.

Here is the original article that I wrote with the before pictures:
Rocking chair postl

I painted the chair with primer, then I gave it three coats of Tremclad paint glossy in white. It came out fabulous!

Then, I had to find a rocking chair cushion for it. They are as scarce as hen's teeth. I did come across a sling chair cushion that had ties on it. I bought it and tried it on the chair. It fit absolutely perfect! I went back and  bought 3 more cushions for my other rockers too.

I'm pretty pleased with the final outcome:

I think the chair doesn't resemble itself at all! It rocks great!

Yeah, I'm partial to rockers!

1 comment:

  1. The chair turned out fabulous. I can't believe the transformation. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete