Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Big Quilt Bee


I've moved twice and carried three grocery bags of remnants from the clothing I made my boys when they were little. I just couldn't part with them. So I made one quilt top for one of my boys and I still had some leftovers. Again, I could not throw them out. 

Then in one of my Facebook quilt groups, there came a post asking for quilt blocks to be made from leftover fabric to donate to make quilts for the sick children staying at Ronald McDonald houses across Canada. A light bulb went out in my brain and I once more took out my pieces of left over fabric. My intention was to make one block, but then I made two and then three. Until of course I had made twelve, enough for a small quilt top. I sewed them together and mailed the quilt top off so that it could be finished by a group of ladies belonging to the Canadian Quilter's Association. 

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I'm hoping the recipient child will love it as much as I enjoyed making it.

#bigquiltbee   #canada150

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome quilt top and a fantastic cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really enjoyed making it.

      Delete